Cheesy Herbed Popover
The other day, I craved for something warm and newly baked. It was cold outside and I didn’t really want to go out to buy anything so I looked for recipe online for something good and easy to make with the ingredients I have at home.
Cheesy popover was really inviting considering the mood I had that day! I actually used this recipe several times before. I had the recipe in mind which if you knew me, you would know that that rarely happens. I don’t really remember recipes. I just remember some of the key ingredients and customize the rest of it even the process of making it. Okay, done making my point that this is really simple and easy to make plus it is really fun looking at bread popping over the muffin form.
The ingredients are common ingredients we have at home so anytime you want to make this popover, you will never need to go out to buy the ingredients. Just look at the blackboard (which I made from scratch using Photoshop CC) for the list.
1. Melt the butter. Use 2 tbsp for the mixture and the rest, use it to butter your muffin pan.
2. Combine the herbs, salt and flour. On a separate bowl, beat the egg lightly and add the milk. Mix the egg and milk mixture to the dry ingredients until smooth. Mix but not beat! Add the grated cheese and stir. Refrigerate for an hour.
3. Preheat the oven to 220 °C, place the muffin pan and put it out when the butter starts to sizzle.
4. Pour the batter into the pan, I fill my muffin pan 3/4 full but you will probably experiment on your pans as this will… popover!
5. Place the pan in the middle and bake for 15 minutes or until deep golden brown on top and the sides. Some will leave the pan in the oven after shutting it off as this will maintain the puffiness and add more crisp to the popover. I take out mine immediately as I find it hard to wait and taste it.
BEST served warm, goes very well with soup.
There you go, enjoy your easy to make popover! Thanks to http://zoomyummy.com/2012/03/21/cheesy-herbed-popovers/ where I have been getting those easy to make recipes.
How to write the DEGREE symbol?
- On PCs – hold down the Alt key and on the numeric keypad on the right of the keyboard, type 0176, or Alt+ 248 When you release the Alt Key, a ° should be there.
- On Macs – option shift 8.